Wattstor is an energy storage company who provide expertise in design and supply of bespoke energy storage solutions, both off and on grid to domestic and commercial clients in the UK. Having recently partnered with janom, a European private equity company, we are in a very strong position to grow the team as we continue to develop the functionality of new products and technologies. The UK energy storage is a very volatile, changeable, and competitive sector with many challenges in the short and medium term. It is an exciting time to be in the sector and Wattstor, with its proven track record of high quality, bespoke installations with ongoing technical support are set to move up a gear.
We are looking to hire an exceptional Technical Manager with proven ability to develop technical strategies, to support the deployment of energy storage systems and smart grid technologies. The company is rapidly expanding, and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team at a critical time in the company’s evolution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Bridging the gap between all relevant departments both in the UK and Europe
- Direct line management and training responsibility for the technical team
- Developing and maintaining the supply chain and the relationship with the distributors. Set up contracts with the supply chain, negotiate terms and brief company Directors
- Assisting the R&D department with the development of new products. Providing leadership to the technical team including concept development as well as internal and external collaborative R&D activities.
- Liaise with DNO to submit and manage G59 applications for connections
- Ensure compliance of quality and safety of works at all times
- Effective management of multiple sites and respective site managers
- Continuously monitor and maintain excellent levels of H&S on site
- Coordinate and manage projects from contract award right through to handover
- Procure subcontract labour, materials and ancillary items. Effective management of multiple sites and respective site managers
- Accurate and regular reporting of project performance
- Capability of setting up procedures & processes for the design of complex battery storage systems
- Have the ability to understand the overall product concept and contribute significantly to the design of the product through the use of expert knowledge of the latest technologies / methods in the industry. Meet target specifications such as cost, size, weight and efficiency within the planned timeline of each research project that would contribute to a great
- Have the ability to assess and handle supplier relationships both from a technical and commercial perspective, maintaining confidence in BoM and assembly costs throughout a project
- Ability of using models to understand and predict performance, including performance and lifetime
Highly motivated individual who feels comfortable in working with a team based in different locations. Educated to degree level or equivalent, a comprehensive understanding of electrical engineering and the energy sector, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the renewables industry.
- Strong knowledge of battery technologies
- Basic understanding of programming and concept techniques
- Project management skills
- Good understanding of Grants (such as Innovate UK) and how to win bids
- The ideal candidate will be a Charted Engineer & Member of IET
- Knowledge of the European regulatory requirements, e.g. CE-marking, EMC regulations, etc.
- Able to take ownership of problem-solving & decision making
This is a great opportunity to work for a company who are in an envious position who can offer true career progression. If this sounds like a great opportunity then please call us for an informal chat on: 0208 732 5423 or email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]