Job type: Permanent, full time role
Industry: Energy Management Systems, Battery Energy Storage, Electric Vehicle charging, Distributed Energy Resources
Location: Czech Republic – Brno
Salary: Attractive package
Years of relevant experience: 8+ years
Languages: Native Czech or Slovak, Fluent in English.
Education level: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology
About the role:
Wattstor seeks a Head of Software Development with a strong background in software product management. The role sits within the energy industry and is responsible for further developing Wattstor’s behind-the-meter (BTM) distributed energy resources (DER) optimisation platform for commercial and industrial customers.
The Wattstor BTM optimisation platform is centred around the proprietary iMP energy management software and hardware, supplemented by cloud-based software and also contains battery energy storage systems and integration with other DERs (e.g. solar and EV chargers).
Outwardly, the role requires early involvement in marketplace discussions, both to consult on the current and future capabilities of Wattstor, and to understand the ultimate incentives of external parties in that marketplace.
Internally, the Head of SW Development is a key member of the Technical Team and will manage development prioritization and programmers of work, including closely cooperating with external technology development resources to deliver the required product capabilities on time and budget. Furthermore, the role is responsible for the definition and implementation of the product strategy and development roadmaps.
If you are passionate and enthusiastic about clean technology and enjoy working in a dynamic fast-paced environment, we’d love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in development of cloud base solution, integration platform and has a track record in defining, developing and rolling-out software cloud-based systems.
This position requires an experienced individual with strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills and will involve international travel.
The Head of SW development’s main responsibilities are the refinement and leadership of the product function in Wattstor, the definition and ownership of the product roadmap and the continuous development of the software and hardware platform (based on company strategy and market/customer inputs) in close cooperation with the technology and sales teams as well as external software development resources. In summary:
- Responsible for the SW development of the Cloud base system
- Leadership of internal team of SW programmers and external development resources
- Develop and own SW development processes and best practices in the company with the objective of building a repeatable, scalable and effective workflow for the delivery of product capabilities using the resources available
- Responsible for the product roadmap and associated product management artifacts, feature prioritization and feature specification based on customer/market/competitor/technology inputs
- Support integration efforts by attending partner meetings and present SW solutions details where required.
About You – Skills & Aptitude:
A hands-on Head of SW Development with a track record of developing software products and forging successful business relationships, the role holder will be expected to support the rapid geographic expansion of this business together with existing and new local partners, closely working with the Strategy and Technology teams.
- Experienced software development manager
- Familiarity with agile software development processes
- Background in SaaS solutions and companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to confidently present sophisticated / technical concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strategic thinker, with operational delivery capability
- Experience in SW Architecture
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
- Mature, entrepreneurial, self-motivated and driven individual
- Team player, able to work both individually and on team projects
- Lead and inspire teams to success without being their line manager
- Understand complexity in the problem domain, minimize complication in the solution
Think this role could be for you? We’d love to hear from you. Simply email [email protected] with your CV.
Wattstor is a fast-growing pioneer in the renewable energy sector and is dedicated to clean energy use. We make complicated innovative technology simple, easy to install, enjoyable, clean and aesthetically appealing. Our own intelligent management unit (iMP) has been designed to manage energy and especially renewable energy in several behind-the-meter applications. With years dedicated to research and development, Wattstor´s smart and sustainable solutions have proven their value in practice and can be deployed in the field quickly and at low cost.